SUCCESs

Lately I've been taking a small break from my major projects and have been concentrating more on the photography and videography business. The way I work I can't be on over drive on one project for months at a time, I like to throw in some other projects, take my mind completely off of what I've been working on, and then return to it once my mind has been cleared. That way I can look at it with a fresh set of eyes. I suppose that's the way many artists work. If you spend your time completely immersed in a painting, and never take a step back to look at it, its easy to get lost along the way.

I've been reading a book called "Made to Stick". It talks about creating concepts that are catchy so they grab the attention of users/consumers/target audience. The thought behind the book is that about 80% of the successful advertisements follow the same rules. While the advertisements that fail, fail in too many ways to mention. They talk about the acronym, "SUCESs".

Simple–the core message that is compact and profound. It functions more like a proverb than a sound bite.
Unexpected–get your audience’s attention and hold it by using surprise and mystery.
Concrete–make your idea understandable and memorable by breaking it down into terms that can be imagined by the senses.
Credible–help your audience believe and agree with your idea by using appropriate testimonies, statistics, and examples.
Emotional–get your audience to care about your idea by using specific examples of someone in need or by appealing the audience’s self-interest or sense of identity.
Stories–get people to take action by telling the right stories.

Apparently, if you follow these rules, you will be well on your way to success!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENFP = ADHD?

Setting up E-mail with IONOS / 1and1.com to gmail

Choosing Healthier Products for a Better Life