Thinking Big

When I was a kid in about kindergarten or first grade, cliques were already forming and established. I went to a small school, and had about 15 or 20 kids in the classroom. For some reason to prove that everyone was in some sort of group, we decided to form clubs. Each person who was interested in being a club leader wrote their Mission Statement on a piece of paper. Here was mine:



There was a small one story house-like building within the bounds of our recess area. As you can see in the picture, I wanted to get the whole class together to build a giant slide make a giant slide out of snow. Then we could spend all of recess playing on our creation. I was very excited about my idea. How all the kids would love it too!

Well, as it turns out, I wasn't able to get anyone to join my group. Instead I joined this other more popular girl's 'sticker club'. We went to her house once, and she gave us a sticker. That was OK. But definitely not as cool as my giant snow slide!

Now that I think about it, every kid on earth should think that a giant snow slide would be the coolest thing ever. Why did people not join my club? Maybe by the age of 6 they already started thinking smaller, more 'realistic'. Well, if everyone thought so small and 'realistic', we wouldn't have any of the cool stuff we have today, and would live in huts and be farmers. So, be realistic, think BIG.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENFP = ADHD?

Setting up E-mail with IONOS / 1and1.com to gmail

Choosing Healthier Products for a Better Life