The Start or End? Of my blog...

Archived Post. September 11, 2008.

So, I might be starting something new. I'll try to keep some kind of blog, but since I don't really do well with keeping habits up, there is no guarantee that this will be a permanent or even temporary thing.

I quit my job as a Mechanical Engineer at an Industrial gases company August 1st, 2008. Was it because I wasn't making enough money? no. There are many reasons why I quit, but to simplify it, I was bored. I was bored out of my mind. I would sit in my cube and feel the walls close in on me. I would look at that clock, and wish that they day would pass, but at the same time hated that I just waited for the clock to run out. Why spend your life wishing that your youth would just fly by? I wanted to live every minute, not after my 'work' was done. I want to be passionate about my work, and life, even if that means combining the two.

So, that brings me to today. On July 18th, 2008 I printed off and handed in my two weeks notice, and I have this huge grin I could not wipe off my face even if I tried. I felt like that piece of paper was the key to my freedom. On August 1st I had my last day, and inside I was jumping up and down... ok, maybe on the outside too. On that day I felt like the movie Aladdin when the genie gets his cuffs off. August 4th I used my one way ticket to Silicon Valley, CA, on my way to start my new life.

So, today is September 11th, I'm now settled in my new place... you might be wondering what the heck am I doing anyway, and where did I get the nerve to quit my job? I've been doing so many things in my new life, that time is flying flying faster that it has ever before. I'm putting my hands in all kinds of things. I have started a Videography/Photography business, http://www.sharonandisaac.com and I've already done 1 wedding, and have at least a couple more on the horizon. I am now a private tennis teacher twice a week, and enjoy that. I just signed up for a 3 week 'fitness study', so I get a personal trainer 3 times a week, for 3 weeks, full access to the gym, and the best part? Its free. My back has been bothering me for the last 3 years, and I have a chiropractic appointment next week for it. I bike weekly to the farmer's market, buy fresh fruit, and meet interesting people. I've explored a couple of cities around here, talked to the shop owners, met people having lunch... its great.. people live here. Many people are here chasing down their dreams and doing what they WANT to do.. not just want people are telling them they should do.

And.. I'm exploring my ideas and passions. Things are going well here. I have to say though, quitting my job hasn't done away my stress though. While I was 'employed' I was constantly stressed that I wasn't being used for my potential, and that I was wasting my life away. Now I'm stressed that I never have enough time to do all the things I want to get done!

So, for me its a constant battle to find that balance between...everything. I'm out to achieve happiness, and so far I feel I'm pretty damn close.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENFP = ADHD?

Choosing Healthier Products for a Better Life

Setting up E-mail with IONOS / 1and1.com to gmail